Valley Art Gallery is a nonprofit gallery serving artists and community.

Valley Art Gallery is a nonprofit gallery serving artists and community.
With no paid administrator or staff, Valley Art is entirely volunteer run.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Valley Art Reception on First Wednesday.

It's the First Wednesday of the month, and besides Wednesday Market downtown, Valley Art Gallery welcomed artists Michael Orwick and Barbara Hertel.
They showed their lovely, wonderful work and we all enjoyed each other's company.
There was quite a crowd spilling in from the streets and we are glad for all the new exposure.
The welcoming reception table greets visitors and Elk Cove Winery offered tastings of their Pinot Noir and Pinot Blanc. Yum!
Barbara Hertel, from Verboort, in the red jacket, visits with friends. Michael Orwick, in the blue shirt, talks with two women visiting the gallery. The lady in the blue is 101 years old. I wish I could tell you her name. She is a gem!
Here is one of Barbara's pots - "Four Moons." You can click on it to see it in more detail - and there is a lot of detail to it. She fires these raku pots in her back yard.
And here is one of Michael's paintings with the setting sun peeking through the trees. His paintings have a fairytale quality about them.
Last but not least I want to tell you how wonderful the front of the Valley Art building is becoming. Thanks to master metal worker, Eric Canon, we have quite a bit of added kinetic sculpture happening at the top of the building. I do so hope this video ends up in this blog space. Let's try it, shall we?

2 comments:

michael orwick said...

I wanted to thank everyone at Valley Art for making last night so much fun and for making us artists feel so welcome.

It was a fun evening with good food drinks and some of the nicest guests I have had the honor of discussing my paintings with.

All the best,
Michael Orwick

Orwick Arts

http://michaelorwick.blogspot.com/
http://michaelorwick.com/
My art hints at a story and then invites you to finish the narrative. My style has been called Inspired Expressionism, which combines impressionistic brush strokes and a touch of realism to create the atmosphere and lighting woven into my work.

Candace said...

Hello!

This post made me feel as if I were there! Great report and very good photos, to boot.
Very talented folks.
Candace